Common Instructional Framework
A fundamental feature of instruction at Greene Early College is centered in our use of the Common Instructional Framework. These strategies, promoted by the NC New Schools Project, guide our daily learning and are centered on student growth and achievement.
- Collaborative Groups: Our students work in learning teams to solve real-world problems.
- Scaffolding: Our teachers raise up student learning, allowing students to then stand on their own.
- Literature Circles: Whether it's novels or non-fiction, poetry or technical, reading is a daily priority at GEC.
- Questioning: We ask deep questions and reflect on our work.
- Classroom Talk: Discussion is a central facet of our collaborative classrooms, and students are encouraged to contribute ideas and opinions.
- Writing to Learn: From short responses to essays, we encourage writing on a daily basis.
At the core of our instruction is the commitment that students will Read, Write, Think, and Speak in Every Class, Every Day!
- 22-23 School Impact Plan
- Parent PowerSchool Portal
- Open Parent Meeting Zoom Link
- College Foundation of North Carolina
- Tips to Help Your Teen Write Better
- Greene County Schools AIG Plan 2016-2019
- Greene County Schools Bus Information
- Health Services
- Family Engagement on Demand
- Emergency and Crisis Response Plans